Monday, November 18, 2013

BR 2-11 : The House of Shadows


“To their delight, their house was now a grand mansion, inherited from their ancestors.” (p.63)

 

The main characters, Kit and Ned have to move their new house alone. It is a mysterious house. The letter from the house calls their parents away, but Hallows Grange is ordinary home. At night, swirling mist reveals glimpses of its shadowy past. Kit glanced across at a mirror, but saw nothing. “It’s as if I’m not really here, maybe I’m a ghost in this house.” In fact, many shadows and ghosts live in this house. Finally, they can get along well with shadows.
If I were Kit or Ned, I never do that activity like researching the facts of strange house because I am afraid of them. And I don’t want to face the shadows or ghosts!

[133 words]

Dolby, Karen. (2004). The House of Shadows. London, England: Usborne

No comments:

Post a Comment