Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The World according to Garp

I took the class of the history of American Literature, and the students were said you should hand in the report about ." This work is so exciting, so let me introduce this.

"The World According to Garp" is John Irving's 4th novel and a large best seller over several years in the United States which made Irving the popular person suddenly and also made it the core profit center of the novelist of the present age United States. A main character is Garp and he is writer who is the masterpiece of drawing the lifetime filled of ups and downs after he is born until it dies, and making a family's love and the meaning of living thinking.

Although a mother Jennie of hero Garp was working as a nurse, it is the human being along whom it was strong and the back passed, and hardly understood humor. It is unexpected that the person witty like Garp was born from such a mother that it is serious and strait-laced person.

This work was drawing the lifetime after Garp is produced until it dies, but it was just continuation of the stormy world, an accident and an incident, a misfortune, and a hard thing. Being protected by a family's love, Garp overcame those distress, but it was positively useful, and  performed it. It is people's lifetime, and probably there is no misfortune like that.

We can understand whether the existence of a family was important for Garp. Jennie's existence will be recognized that there is especially nothing, and it can tell about this tale, and probably there is no coconut.

Reading this book, I thought the importance of existence of my family. I can live my life thanks to my father, my mother, my sisters, my pet, and my grandfather and grandmother. I want to thank them after reading this story. This story tells us the important thing. I want to live strongly like Garp. I recommend this book to everyone.
[336 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment